Monday 25 May 2015

Route: Chorley to White Coppice
Distance: 15 miles
Time: Who cares!

This was a route that Simon come up with and I had no idea where we would be heading when we set out. I was expecting some big hills and some tired legs, but it turned out a really pleasant ride (with only one hill at the start that I felt on the legs). Just 3 miles out and it was hard to believe we had set out from an ever increasing sized town.

Strike a pose
We cycled towards Anglezarke and followed Heapey Fold lane down to Moor road and the edge of the reservoir.



From here we cycled to White Coppice and had a break while we watched some cricket practise before following a tree lined path that ran along side a small river towards Brinscall. At Brincall we joined up with Leeds Liverpool canal where the ride got as far as Bottany Bay when my chain broke.

It wasn't content in breaking in just on place, but decided it would do a real job of it and break in three places, one of which was at the halfway point. There was nothing I could do to fix it and we'd now have to walk home, but Simon decided he'd try pushing me while cycling!

I have to say we got some strangle looks on the way back as to anyone walking past it looked like Simon had his arm around me as we were cycling!

We made it back to the end of the canal, which just left the final hill to get home and Simon had a plan for this stretch too.






No comments:

Post a Comment