Thursday 30 April 2015

I've cycled up and down the Leeds and Liverpool canal for over 20 years now and I've always said I'd do the full length one day. The only trouble has been finding someone else to do it with as I never fancied doing it on my own.

I also want to do it over two or three days with a couple of nights camping along the way, meaning the bikes would be carrying sleeping bags, mats, tent etc.

Well, I finally found someone who is as keen (if not more) as me to do it!

It turns out that one of my sons school friends dad is into his outdoors as much as me, so we have decided to "attempt" this in July.

We have already had a couple of runs along the canal for some practice:

Ride 1: 20 miles - Chorley towards Blackburn
Ride 2: 36 miles - Rufford branch to Leeds/Liverpool to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment